For any vacancy advertised, the Department follows a standard procedure that is designed for the application process. Each vacancy has its own reference number attached to it to quote when applying. For example, applicants are required to adhere to the rules listed below, and emails that do not comply with the specifications listed below will bounce back without reaching the Department
- Complete and sign the Z83 form that is obtainable online – www.gov.za or Public Service department.
- Attachments must be limited to 10 megabytes
- The Curriculum Vitae must be written with the size ten font and in Areal theme font.
- Attach a copy of the identity document
- Attach a driver’s licence where necessary
- Include qualifications such as senior certificate and the highest required
For DCS Leanership:
How to apply:
The selection process for the DCS Leanership is open to those with the necessary required qualifications to study for further education and training (FET) certificate in the Corrections Services Leanership (NQF Level4).
The following guidelines must be followed when applying for the Leanership. For example:
- The applicant must complete an application form in his/her own handwriting.
- The applicant must make sure that the application form is signed by herself/himself.
- It important to specify the Leanership post that the applicant is applying e.g. DCS corrections services Leanership Gauteng Region , Leeuwkop (Ref: GP02)
- The forms for application for admission are available to download on the Department of correctional services’ website.
- The form is under the Forms Tab on the e-DCS website is www.dcs.gov.za
- On the website look for the on the top or bottom for the link that says “Forms” and click on it
- Then click on the Internship/Leanership Application Forms link.
- After clicking on the Leanership Application form, the form will be automatically downloaded to your computer
Attach the following documents
- Identity document
Please note that the above documents must have been certified within the last three months and
- No late applications will be accepted or unsigned.
- Forms that are photocopied will not be accepted
- Faxed or emailed forms will not be accepted.
The application forms with all the necessary attached documents can be posted at the post office or hand-delivered to the Regional Commissioner at the Management office nearest to where you live. The Management office close to the applicant can provide the address and contact details.
Correctional Services requirements
The following are the requirements for applicants to be accepted for the leanership.
- The applicant must be a South African citizen
- The age of the applicant must be between the age of 21 and 35 years
- The applicant must have Grade 12 / standard ten certificate or be
- In possession further education and training certificate (NQF) Level 4 or
- Have successfully completed the National Certificate in Vocational Studies (NQF Level 4)
Other additional requirements are as follows
- Applicants must not have a criminal record – If an applicant has a pending criminal case, he/ she must provide all the details when applying
- Applicants must have a strong character
It is important to note that accommodation, transport and meal costs are not provided during workplace training; therefore you should choose the nearest Leanership in the Region
The contact details are according the regions of leanership. Below are the contact details for Provinces addressed to the Regional Commissioner of the Province.
- Western Cape Region postal Address:
Regional Commissioner: Western Cape recruitment section, Private Bag X1 Edgemeag 7407
Physical Address: Breede River, Street Monte, Vista
Tel: 021 550 6078
- Postal address: Limpopo, Mpumalanga and North West Recruitment section Private Bag 142 Pretoria
Physical Address: Johannes Ramokhoase and Paul Kruger ST 198 Masada Building 9th Floor Pretoria 0001
Tel: 012 306 2025.
- Eastern Cape Region Postal Address: Private bag 9013 East London 5200
Physical Address: Block E Ocean Terrace Moore Street Quigney East London 5200
Tel: 043 706 8784
- Kwazulu Natal Region Postal Address: Recruitment section Private Bag X 9126 Pietermaritzburg 3200
Physical Address: 1 Eugine Maraise Road Napierville Pietermaritburg 3200
Tel: 033 355 7359
- Free state and Northern Cape Region: Northern Cape Recruitment Section Private Bag X 20530 Bloemfontein 9300
Physical Address: 103 Zastron Street Agrimed Building Bloemfontein 9300
Tel: 051 404 0277
- Gauteng: Gauteng Recruitment Section Private Bag X398 Pretoria 0001
Physical Address: 4 Ketien ST Pretoria West ( Kgosi Mampuru II Training Centre
Tel: 012 420 0146